On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 15:05 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> To clarify:
>
> When using C99 You must always make inline functions "static inline"
> anything else is a bug.
>
> If you compile your code using gcc or C++ then inline by itself will
> work (mostly).

And to amplify (sorry to write multiple messages) - "inline" by itself
is not even a keyword for standard C before C99, the fact that it is
accepted by gcc is an extension - it is not accepted by MSVC before 2013
(which has most of the useful bits of C99 in it).

This is one of the reasons we compile proton as C++ on MSVC.

Andrew