On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/13/2015 03:00 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
>
>> This has come up tangentially in a couple of threads now, and there seems
>> to be at least tacit agreement that the plural doesn't make sense anymore
>> now that we've seen how integrations/extensions will work.
>>
>> I'll be posting an alpha later today, but before that I'd like to do the
>> reactors->reactor rename of the python package to keep everything
>> consistent. This stuff hasn't been in a release yet, so I don't think
>> there
>> are any backwards compatibility issues, but if this will cause problems,
>> please follow up and I will create an alias.
>>

> Just a suggestion, but what about proton.reactive? Perhaps proton.
> handlers could then be proton.reactive.handlers, which would make the
> relationship clearer.

I'm fairly neutral on proton.reactive vs proton.reactor. I do kind of like
the notion of a "proton.reactor", mostly because it sounds like something
awesome that is used to power starships, however that isn't a huge deal.

I'm less of a fan of nesting handlers, partly just because it's longer, and
partly because it complicates the mapping to the C API which like most C
APIs is just flatter.

Another option favoring conciseness and consistency with C might be to get
rid of the "reactor" portion entirely:

  - proton.Reactor, proton.Container, and proton.handlers.*

All in all I'm not super fussed, I could probably live with any of the
options. I did already do the reactors->reactor rename, but it's easy
enough to do it again if any of the above seem significantly preferable.

--Rafael