On 03/11/2015 11:10 AM, jml wrote:
Hi,

consider the following simple setup:
A topic exchange sender in c#, a c++ broker and a topic receiver in c#.

sender created with:
Sender _sender = session.CreateSender("test/AAA.B;{create:always, delete:
always, node:{type:topic}}");

receiver created with:
Receiver _feed_receiver = session.CreateReceiver("test/AAA.B;{create:always,
delete: always, node:{type:topic}}");

How can I make the receiver aware of if "the sender process has gone" or if
_sender.Close()
or session.Close() has been called? I searched the docs and lists and tried
but could not find an
anwser yet.

You can't. A topic is essentially an exchange. Subscribers to a topic using AMQP 0-10 will create a queue and bind this to the exchange, then consume from the queue. Deleting the exchange has no effect on the queue and therefore on the subscriber.

Would it be possible to use a queue instead? I mean, if you want the publisher and subscriber to be more tightly coupled, what motivated the choice of a topic as the communication channel?