Hi Gordon,

one (but important) detail I missed to mention in the simple setup. It
is a one-to-many setup. A number of receivers consuming from the exchange.
As far as I understood a  queue is for one-to-one communication.
I need to "broadcast" from a sender to multiple clients (receivers) and need
to let the clients know asap if a sender "has gone".

Other concepts for example heartbeat based which I could implement on top of
existing qpid API would always involve a delay in the detection if a sender
has gone.

If the API does not support that yet, might there be another way to let a
client
be somehow else notfied maybe by the using the broker's management interface
api
if a sender has gone? Assuming I could access that from a client.

Best regards

Jan