Hi Paul,

Ah, ok... did not realize that.

> We are using the QPID Messaging API which notable does not list Java
> language support.

Right.

> Brokers appear to be language dependent implementations.

Ah, I see the confusion.... the brokers have an overlapping but not equivalent
set of features but it doesn't matter what programming language you use to
access either one - it just matters which AMQP version(s) you want to use.

> In passing the
> C++ Broker documentation mentions in a one liner that it will work with JMS
> but no further details are provided.

Ok - it will. There's nothing C++-ish about the C++ broker's interface to
clients. It works fine with JMS clients. In particular, if you want to avoid
AMQP 1.0 you should stick with the older JMS API - it can talk AMQP 0-10 to the
C++ broker.

> We have looked at Proton but are not convinced it will fit into an existing
> framework without some really extensive changes to a CORBA like
> framework, hence the hesitation.

Ok.

> Which brings me to this question.  Is there an example of QPID JMS utilizing
> the C++ Broker (qpidd)?

I'm using it in a project now for a customer... (Camel -> JMS -> C++ broker)

The examples hanging off http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/amqp-0-x.html
should be a good start for you.

-Steve