On Wed, 2016-02-24 at 06:15 -0800, Justin Ross wrote:
> > This actually goes quite far beyond what I was expecting before the
> > upcoming cpp etc releases, looks like you have been busy! :)

Seconded - I'm really impressed with how far you have taken this.

> It's a good point.  If we want to migrate any repos to git, we should
> do it
> now.  I'd like to do it for qpid-cpp and qpid-python.

I'd certainly vote for migrating the separated and reorganised qpid-cpp
& qpid-python to git repos. I've been using git to manage my svn qpid
trees for as long as I can remember (must be over 5 years at this
point) and I will be happy to not have to worry about svn as well as
git again! If we are going to migrate then this seems like a pretty
sensible point to do it.

As a process, I'd suggest reorganising them within the current
structure (not separate trunk, branch, tag svn directories) then
migrate the separated subtrees to git. Then reorganise the remaining
svn tree to the target layout.

Doing it this way gives us the maximum chance to maintain the history
without confusion (at least I thin it does).