Hi,

I just encountered an issue related to running one of my QPid applications in parallel by 3rd party software that receives from the same queue. I notice that when I start the latter, the queue attributes as reported by qpid-config change from

--durable --replicate=all --lvq-key=qpid.subject --argument qpid.ha-uuid=... --argument qpid.last_value_queue=True --argument qpid.browse-only=True
--durable --replicate=all excl --lvq-key=qpid.subject --argument qpid.ha-uuid=... --argument qpid.last_value_queue=True --argument qpid.browse-only=True

Notice how "excl" appears. What exactly does this mean? My best guess is that the 3rd party application has created an "exclusive subscription", but shouldn't that mean my program won't be able to receive from the queue? It can get data from it, you see, but it does get into trouble if I include "x-bindings: " in the address string - that's the issue I was talking about. Note that I'm also using "mode: browse", though - perhaps the behaviour I'm seeing is somehow related to this?

My application uses version 0.22 of the C++ client, while the broker has version 0.34. All is QPid 0-10, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated, as always.

Thanks.

- Toralf