Offhand, your options at this point are:

- Fix the bug (most long-term benefit)
- Write an alternative SSL handling mechanism (more difficult)
- Split them and reassemble at the other end. I don't know anything about your
system so don't know how hard this would be. I've seen a system that does
something similar. It's more complexity, probably more than fixing the problem.

I recommend fixing it... it's the most direct, and beneficial option. In the
long run it's going to help you much more.

-Steve