Agreed, this seems like code that would be better off living in the hawtdispatch project if someone really wanted to pick up that torch.

On 04/26/2016 12:37 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
As per the subject, I'd like to suggest removing
'proton/contrib/proton-hawtdispatch' module.

hawtdispatch itself doesn't appear to be seeing any development these
days, with only a handful of commits in the last couple years on
master, none in approaching a year, and the referenced website
appearing to be down. The proton-hawtdispatch module hasn't seen a
meaningful (non-version) commit in a couple years, and is itself using
an old release of hawtdispatch. The statistics repository.apache.org
gives for maven central usage suggest little use, with perhaps average
of 40 downloads a month from 10 IPs.

As the related project appears inactive, nobody is really maintaining
it, and few appear to be using it, I think it should be removed.

Thoughts?

Robbie

Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121