Hi Robbie,

Thanks for the hints! I couldn't solve my problems, but let me leave some
more info, which can be useful for other people.

Closing the consumer explicitly didn't help (it's closed on session close
anyway). However, I have the feeling that the lifetime of the consumer does
not affect the peek lock (imagine a long-running consumer: it doesn't lock
the messages for longer than the lock duration).

Setting the prefetch value to 1 didn't help as the next message comes to
the consumer immediately after receive(). So, there could be 0 or 1 locked
messages after each consumer.

Setting the prefetch value to 0 brings me back to the drain problem:
Service Bus doesn't answer anything after the sent packet with 'drain=true'
, so receive() is blocked forever. However, there are some (probably empty)
AMQP packets sent after some time, but Qpid doesn't send anything anymore.