On Tue, 2016-07-05 at 09:13 -0700, loremIpsum1771 wrote:
> I just tried this:
>
> cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013"
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\<home>\Downloads\qpid-cpp-
> 0.34\bindings\qmf2\examples\cpp\install_dir

This is a peculiar path for the install - why in the middle of the qmf2
binding? If you are actually trying to build from somewhere in the
bindings directory I'm not surprised it doesn't work - we only test the
build from the top level of the cpp tree.

(Also I'm assuming that "<home>" is just shorthand for your home
directory otherwise it's incorrect.

> and I got this error:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:73 (install):
>   install FILES given no DESTINATION!

I don't know for sure, but using cmake without a separate build
directory is not a tested configuration (by qpid) and not recommended
by the cmake folks either.

Try to create a separate directory for your build on the same disk
somewhere something like:

mkdir c:\Builds\qpid
cd c:\Builds\qpid

cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" C:\<home>\Downloads\qpid-cpp-0.34

Then to build:

cmake --build .

HTH

Andrew