On 01/09/16 13:44, Ken Giusti wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Sim" <g...@redhat.com>
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:32:15 AM
Subject: Re: Python support for AMQP 1.0?

On 01/09/16 09:29, Volker Diels-Grabsch wrote:
So I have to switch from a pure-Python implementation to a C library
with Python wrapper.  This is inconvenient for deployment, but not a
show stopper for me.

I compiled qpid-proton on my own, where some questions arose:

1) Is it possible to build just the Python part? (plus C library, of
course)

Yes, you can turn off other languages with cmake options
(-DBUILD_CPP=OFF -DBUILD_PERL=OFF -DBUILD_RUBY=OFF -DBUILD_JAVA=OFF
-DBUILD_GO=OFF -DBUILD_JAVASCRIPT=OFF -DBUILD_PHP=OFF)

You can see all the options with ccmake, and edit them interactively.

2) If not, is there at least a way to build just proton-c without proton-j?

3) Is it possible to link the _cproton.so wrapper and the libqpid-proton.so
   library into a single *.so file?

No, I don't believe it is.

Actually, this is exactly what the Pypi setup package script does if the python
libs are not installed.

Oops! I apologise for the misinformation!