Hi,
I'm trying to get a Qpid Proton Python v3.4 client to subscribe to an ActiveMQ
broker over AMQP v1.0 as a durable consumer.  I can create a durable
subscription but don't quite understand how to pick up the same subscription
the next time my script runs.
After each run, the ActiveMQ admin console shows that a durable subscription
has been created, and it is named according to my script's input.  The
subscription works correctly, in that it receives messages even after my script
has ended.  When I next execute the script, however, it just creates a new
subscription rather than connect to the one previously created.I think I might
need to set a "ClientID" (as ActiveMQ calls it) against the subscription but I
don't understand the syntax to use.Here's the bit of my code that creates the
connection:-def on_start(self, event):
    if self.subscription_name:
        logging.debug("Naming durable subscription " + self.subscription_name)
        durable = DurableSubscription()
    else:
        logging.debug("Subscription will not be durable")
        durable = None

    messaging_connection = event.container.connect(self.url)
    logging.info(messaging_connection.clientID)
    event.container.create_receiver(
        messaging_connection,
        self.resource,
        name=self.subscription_name,
        options=durable
    )
    logging.debug("Connected to " + self.url + "/" + self.resource)
Thanks,Jeremy.

Jeremy Gooch http://goochgooch.co.uk