On 02/28/2017 08:10 AM, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
Hi all,

After upgrading Qpid JMS Client from version 0.11.0 to version 0.20.0
our performance test results  dropped approximately on 20-25% in the
performance tests testing transaction performance with trunk version
of Qpid Java Broker.

Changing client back to v0.11.0 and re-running the tests yields me the
same results as before the upgrade.

What changes on the client could be the reason for a performance drop?

There was a great deal of change in the client to implement the extra bits needed to meet the JMS 2.0 specification requirements along with other changes to handle of the more interesting edge cases around JMS usages so it'd be hard to just pull out one change as the culprit without more research. I'm not that surprised that there were some impacts.

What would be helpful would be to pull out one affected test case where you see this drop in performance into a standalone test so we could run it in the Qpid JMS test suite and do some digging.

The performance test creates 10 publishing connections and 10
consuming connections. They produce/consume every message in separate
transactions. The consumer is synchronous. Each pair of producer and
consumer uses its own queue.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Tim Bish