Hi,

There is a PPA that includes more recent versions of Qpid stuff:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:qpid/released

See https://launchpad.net/~qpid for all the gory details.   The intent
is to provide the latest release of the upstream Qpid releases.

There's been efforts to get newer packages into the official repos,
but that's going slowly.

-K