When doing throughput benchmarking, I would strongly recommend using
unsettled deliveries.  With pre-settled deliveries, there is no effective
end-to-end flow control.  If there is congestion (senders faster than
receivers), the router will aggressively discard excess pre-settled
deliveries.  If you use unsettled deliveries, the router will be able to
provide smooth end-to-end flow control.

It is my understanding from the benchmarking that we have done that
unsettled deliveries perform as well or better than pre-settled deliveries.

-Ted