We have been experimenting with different approaches:

1) Using a prefetch of 50
2) Using a prefetch of 1000
3) Using a prefetch of 0 and doing manual flow control, issuing 1000 credits
initially

Interestingly, throughput seems to actually go down the more credit we issue,
i.e. option 1) yields the best result ...

vertx-proton seems to replenish the sender (Dispatch Router in this case) with
one credit each time a message is processed at the cosumer side when using
prefetch. Do you consider this to be a problem, i.e. wouldn't it be more
efficient to replenish the sender with, say, 200 more credits en block once in
a while?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
148411 B;