The warning is mainly just the result that Proton 0.19.0 was released
after qpid-cpp 1.37.0 was. They were verified together when 0.19.0 was
released, and I dont think there is any known issue using them
together. Given the latter is released less often that warning should
probably be made less alarming, its been there since the early days of
Proton when it was actually useful to know.

You cant make Proton talk AMQP 0-10, it only supports AMQP 1.0. You
would have to change to the older qpid-python client to use 0-10.

Robbie