Hi,

I've a question regarding the following scenario:

we have a network of 3 Qpid dispatch router instances.
A client is connected to router instance A and has opened a receiver link on
address addrA.
*After* having received the ATTACH frame for this,
another client on another machine which is connected to router instance B opens
a sender link on the empty address (anonymous relay).
After receiving credit, a message with the "To" address "addrA" is sent on this
sender link.

With this, we frequently get a rejected disposition from the router:
Disposition{role=RECEIVER, first=2, last=null, settled=false,
state=Rejected{error=Error{condition=amqp:not-found, description='Deliveries
cannot be sent to an unavailable address', info=null}}, batchable=false}

Adding a delay before sending the message causes the message to be accepted.

Is it correct to assume that "rejected" disposition will come when the
information about the "addrA" receiver on router A has not been propagated yet
to router B?
Is there some way to know for the message sender when it is safe to send the
message on the anonymous relay link without it getting rejected?

(Using Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0, as part of EnMasse.)

Best regards

Carsten Lohmann

Engineering Cloud Services 4 Bosch IoT Hub (INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY |
www.bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr.
Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic