It might help if you could provide a minimal reproducer so anyone
taking a look would see the actual broker config, know what client(s)
are you using (might not matter), based on that know which protocol
version(s) are in use (might matter more) etc. Perhaps there is a
config issue someone could spot, or perhaps there is/was a bug and
they can then reproduce. It might be worth trying newer versions for
comparison too given there have been a number of releases since then.

Robbie