On 19/06/2020 11:50 am, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 10:04, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 19/06/2020 1:45 am, potato wrote:
Hi,
I'm attempting to use AMQ Inteconnect Router which I believe is based on
Qpid Dispatch Router in an Openshift cluster to connect to RabbitMQ.
I'm having an issue with SASL auth when a handshake is attempted. Through
config I'm sending just "username and password" but on the RabbitMQ end I'm
seeing "username username password". RabbitMQ appears not to support this
and immediately closes the connection.
  From what I can determine by googling, the dispatch router is sending both
an authcid and an authzid despite the fact that in my case the value will be
the same for both.

Am I likely to be doing something incredibly stupid? Is it possible to
prevent sending the authzid so that RabbitMQ doesn't have an issue or is
having an identical authcid and authzid an expected thing?

This is how the underlying proton-c sasl support works. I don't believe
there is anyway to avoid that purely through config I'm afraid (short of
choosing a different authentication mechanism).

This came up before in other contexts a while ago in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1055 and a change was
made to proton-c to stop it sending that either when using the newer
cyrus-sasl based sasl impl, or the basic fallback sasl impl. Did it
change again in one or both impls?

Looks like it changed back for cyrus-sasl anyway: https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/885d68aeaf522021a35b7b5cecb7c7c53663929b#diff-47e0b33a5461eff21e6cbbd017a969edL123