On Fri, 2020-06-19 at 22:17 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 19/06/2020 9:40 pm, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-06-19 at 13:59 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like it changed back for cyrus-sasl anyway:
> > > https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/885d68aeaf522021a35b7b5cecb7c7c53663929b#diff-47e0b33a5461eff21e6cbbd017a969edL123
> >
> > I don't exactly see where in that change any behaviour change
> > happened
> > - could you point it out (I know it was my change, but it was a
> > long
> > time ago!).
>
> Lines 123-125 in the diff:
>
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/885d68aeaf522021a35b7b5cecb7c7c53663929b#diff-47e0b33a5461eff21e6cbbd017a969edL123-L125
>
> It removes the handling for case SASL_CB_USER.

Ah!

I can't see any good reason why I reverted that earlier compatibility
change. The default (non-cyrus) SASL implementation still doesn't send
authzid at all, so it would make more sense for the cyrus impl to act
the same way, certainly until we actually have some way/use for setting
the authzid itself.

Probably best to raise a new JIRA to note the regression from the
earlier change - it's amazing it took so long to notice!

I'd also note that raising a bug against RabbitMQ would be in order too
as it shouldn't die if it receives an authzid equal to the authcid in
any case.

Andrew