UTF8 is not a content type, it is an encoding. The hello world example
does the following to have send the utf8 AMQP 'string' typed message
body, perhaps try that:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-cpp/blob/1.39.0/examples/messaging/hello_world.cpp#L46-L47

The JMS client stamps the destination address into the sent messages
'to' field to satisfy JMS behaviour for the JMSDestination header.
This shouldnt necessarily be needed with the C++ client, unless the
recipient specifically requires the value be present.

I've never seen that done with the old cpp client, but this file
references intercepting a special "x-amqp-to" message property name
that can be used to work with the value, perhaps try using that:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-cpp/blob/1.39.0/docs/amqp-1.0.txt#L137