Great Robbie,

Thanks a lot for these answers!

From: Millieret, Xavier
Sent: mardi 7 septembre 2021 14:12
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Best practice with qpid-proton for request/reply and pub/sub

Hi all,

I am currently doing a library above qpid-proton in cpp (0.34).
This library must offer 2 patterns, request/reply, and publish/subscribe.

I play with all samples provided by qpid-proton cpp/examples/....

And my question is:

  *   Is the best way, is: building a class who extend
proton::messaging_handler, building a container with this class, run it, and
after do all stuff with it (so the container and the class is shared inside my
library) ?
  *   Or each time when I want to send a message on a queue or on an topic, I
must build the class runt it, through a new container, and destroy it, just
after than the job is done.

I know with some others libraries (JMS, Mqtt), the best way is keep a
connection alive, and building sessions (from this connection) to send message
on a queue or on topic.

So my question is, how to use qpid-proton library to be as efficient as
possible.

Best regards

Xavier Millieret

Eaton Industries (France) S.A.S ~ Si?ge social: 110 Rue Blaise Pascal, Immeuble
Le Vis?o - B?timent A Innovall?e, 38330, Montbonnot-St.-Martin, France ~ Lieu
d'enregistrement au registre du commerce: Grenoble ~ Num?ro d'enregistrement:
509 653 176 ~ Capital social souscrit et liber?:EUR 16215441 ~ Num?ro de TVA:
FR47509653176