Broker-J is maintained, although not many people are currently working on
it. Regarding the Java 17 compatibility, the issues you pointed out were
fixed with QPID-8586 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-8586> and
QPID-8587 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-8587>. Currently the
main Broker-J branch should be able to be build both under Java 11 and Java
17.

Kind regards,
Daniil Kirilyuk