Hi,

For over years I used ant for build and release in many of my projects than tried maven after. I spent time on gradle also - liked its architecture. I can say hat it is moving simple to complex in terms of usage through ant-maven-gradle way.

Ant is really simple in terms of usage and to understand what is going on but you have to do lots of thing manually while maven has lots of build in features that makes life easier but bringing complexity.

Especially artifact generation, central management of released artifacts and referenced library downloads are time and disk space consuming heavy tasks but you do not have to think about the nested references of libraries on the other side which in ant you have to consider.

So as the result I think if the scheduling and the dependency management is not the issue, and if it is necessary I am not against mixed release cycle with ant and maven.

If not than it is better to leave the decision to RM.

The shortest way the one that you know I believe.

for nice comparison : https://www.baeldung.com/ant-maven-gradle

Thanks,
Serkan