I have like this the artifact download, when I want to force it I change
"updatePolicy" to "always":

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>apache-release</id>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases</url<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases%3c/url>>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <!--<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>-->
                <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>