Find my responses below

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 1:40 PM Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Roman Isitua <romanisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - compile times. With modules as I am adding new features to the app,
> compile times will not be affected too much.
>  This is very useful for my small team. We are not using the latest
> workstation with bleeding edge processors. My laptop uses
> a 2017 core i7 processor. My other team members have slightly lower specs
> than mine. So compile time is something that we
> are mindful of.
>

> Compile times of debug builds should be very fast. What compile times are
> you seeing?

  What I mean is that, if we develop the entire application using only one
module, as we add new functionality, compile times will continue to
increase.
  With the modular approach, functionality is divided into modules. modules
can be compiled independently thereby reducing compile times.
  Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

> If compile times are slow, we should work on fixing that...
>
> - modules make it easier to share development tasks.
>

> Why? We don’t have issues sharing tasks on the same application. I’d like
> to understand better why this is an issue for you.

    How do you load and unload screens (as a result of side menu click's)
without using modules ? Maybe if I see a working example, I can re-evaluate
my approach. Note: some side menus will initiate screens that implement
Multi Step forms.

> I want to believe there will be performance benefits as well. e.g. faster
> load times and memory e.t.c
>

> I don’t think there will be. I think the opposite might be true.

Interesting.