I am trying to tackle the same problem right now, with an additional
wrinkle. The public canonical URL for a certain page type is significantly
different than the underlying resource path in the repository. Not only
will I need to register a servlet with the HttpService for handling inbound
requests, but I will also need to rewrite the internal resource path back
to the canonical URL in html responses. And unfortunately, a regular
expression replacement in a mapping config node is not sufficient for
outbound rewriting.

Might there be a recommended way to override the ResourceResolver.map()
method with a custom implementation (perhaps with a ResourceDecorator and a
wrapping ResourceResolver), or do you think this will require a custom
transformer factory?

Thanks,

Mark Adamcin
Acquity Group