From: Steven Walters [mailto:steven.walt...@icidigital.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 3:10 PM
To: users@sling.apache.org
Subject: Re: Uploaded file MIME type

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Roll, Kevin <kevin-r...@idexx.com> wrote:

> I am trying to upload a PNG file to the repository, using the
> SlingPostServlet. The problem I am encountering is that the field
> jcr:mimeType on the automatically created node ends up being "image/x-png",
> which is causing me a lot of trouble downstream because "x-" indicates a
> non-standard MIME type. Is this expected? Where does the "x-" come from?
> Referencing the documentation at
>

> https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servlets-post.html
>

>   *   jcr:mimeType -- The MIME type from the original file submission (if
> contained in the file body part) or derived from the original file name
> Even if I provide a file name of "whatever.png" I still get a MIME type of
> "image/x-png", so this doesn't work. I'm not sure I understand how to put
> the MIME type into my POST in order to set it explicitly. How can I work
> around this issue?
>
> As a point of interest I am almost certain that I was getting the correct
> type a few months ago. I haven't been able to determine what change, if
> any, introduced this issue.
>
> Thanks!

Have you checked to see what the mime type registry has in place for the
png extension? There's quite a number of rules for auto-selecting the
mimetype, so reviewing the details on [1] would be my suggestion here.
The mimetype registry may have changed without your knowledge, so
confirming that it is correct (has the expected value) would be a first
step.

[1]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/mime-type-support-commons-mime.html

--