Hi Kevin,

as far as I know Sling 8 uses now the new Provisioning model for setting up a Sling instance, see here: https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/slingstart.html

There you should find the mechanism how the standalone launcher gets built together and works.

cheers,
Oli

On 15.01.2016 21:28, Roll, Kevin wrote:
I've started investigating the upgrade path from Sling 7 to 8 and I've run into
some issues with the standalone launcher. We build our own standalone jar which
includes an overriden Main class as well as several custom bundles that contain
our functionality. I've noticed at least two major changes in Sling 8:

1. The launcher Main class doesn't appear to exist any longer
2. There is no default bundle list in the repository

Is there any documentation on how the launcher works under Sling 8? I have not
been able to find anything current on the site. Thanks!