Hi,

I'm working on upgrade and migration process of JCR storage formats/repository
types for Sling and my goal is to remove completely some OSGi configurations or
bundles in offline mode related to storage format that are no longer used and
might conflict with the new storage options I would like to install.

My question simply is: What is the best practice of uninstalling OSGi
configurations in offline mode to be sure they are not reinstalled?

The assumption here is that the Sling instance is completely not running due to
critical repository conversion, but at the same time my process has a direct
physical access to Sling launchpad and JCR repository folder structure.

The side effect that might be helpful here is that I'm planning to change Sling
runmode of that instance after migration but the configuration I need to get
rid is not necessary bound to any runmode and it might be still active after
starting the instance.

I've noticed that I might try to get rid configurations from /launchpad/config
folder but they can be still picked up by OsgiInstaller using [1] and [2] and
put back into: /apps/system/config etc

Maybe I should get rid of OSGi bundles or components instead of thinking only
about configuration? WDYT?
Please let me know if I missed something or my approach is not necessary a
good/safe one.

Thanks in advance,
Arek

[1] https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/file-installer-provider.html
[2] https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/jcr-installer-provider.html

--
Arkadiusz Kita | Adobe R&D Software Engineer