> Hi,
>
> I'm working on upgrade and migration process of JCR storage
> formats/repository types for Sling and my goal is to remove completely some
> OSGi configurations or bundles in offline mode related to storage format that
> are no longer used and might conflict with the new storage options I would
> like to install.
>
> My question simply is: What is the best practice of uninstalling OSGi
> configurations in offline mode to be sure they are not reinstalled?
>
> The assumption here is that the Sling instance is completely not running due
> to critical repository conversion, but at the same time my process has a
> direct physical access to Sling launchpad and JCR repository folder
> structure.
>
> The side effect that might be helpful here is that I'm planning to change
> Sling runmode of that instance after migration but the configuration I need
> to get rid is not necessary bound to any runmode and it might be still active
> after starting the instance.
>
> I've noticed that I might try to get rid configurations from
> /launchpad/config folder but they can be still picked up by OsgiInstaller
> using [1] and [2] and put back into: /apps/system/config etc
>
> Maybe I should get rid of OSGi bundles or components instead of thinking only
> about configuration? WDYT?
> Please let me know if I missed something or my approach is not necessary a
> good/safe one.

I think tempering with implementation details is not a good idea in
general. If the configuration has been installed through the OSGi
installer in the first place, removing the configuration from the source
will lead to the removal by the OSGi installer. Which means, if the
configuration is in the "install" folder on the file system, you can
remove it from there. If it's in the repository, remove it from the
repository. Everything else is then handled by the various installer parts.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland