Ok First of all - I GENUINELY appreciate the heck out of your time, and
patience!!

... and THIS is really interesting:

If THIS is true:

chetan mehrotra wrote
> If you are running a cluster with Sling on Oak/Mongo then sticky
> sessions would be required due to eventual consistent nature of
> repository.

and THIS is true:

chetan mehrotra wrote
> Cluster which involves multiple datastores (tar)
> is also eventually consistent.

Then why is adobe recommending it's multi-million-dollar projects to go
stateless with the encapsulated token here, if those architectures are
*also* eventually:
https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/security/encapsulated-token.html

If "being eventual" is the reason we can't go stateless, then how is adobe
getting away with it if we know their architecture is also eventual?? What
am I missing? I understand that the documentation I linked is a distributed
segment store architecture and mine is a share documentstore datastore, but
what is the REASON for them allowing a stateless (not sticky) architecture,
if the REASON is not eventual consistency ? Both architectures are eventual.

Again, thanks for your patience and sticking with me on this one... whoa
pun!