Hi Roy

Thanks for all your help.

At the end it turns out that I made a mistake when using the HTL include:

This was my first include:

    <sly data-sly-include="head.html"/>

which fails. But using this:

    <sly data-sly-include="${'head.html'}"/>

does work.

So on another node I saw some Sling apps (samples and Composum) that place
their components under /libs instead of /apps.

In AEM developers were told not to put anything under /libs and now Sling it
going
the other way. Is there a reason for this shift. As far as I know there’s no
difference.

Thanks for all your help - Andy