On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Wolfgang Sourdeau <wsourd...@inverse.ca>wrote:

> Hi Valentin,
>

> The messages that you see mean that the SOPE libraries are not found. This
> is due to missing "-L"  parameters to gcc/ld during the build, which is
> probably caused by a problem with your GNUstep installation.
> If you source your GNUstep.sh prior to typing "gmake", does it solve the
> issue? Try first with SOGo and if it does not work, redo a "make install"
>  in SOPE and then retry with SOGo. When you installed the SOPE libraries, do
> you know where they went?
>

> Hi Wolfgang,

 Thank you for you quick reply. I have sourced GNUstep.sh prior running
gmake
(/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh). I think the
problem was the shell
I was running (csh). I took a look around and found out there is
a GNUstep.csh in
/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles. I have sourced that in and the
build and install
process worked like a charm :).

 I think the SOPE libraries went
in /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries. I don't know for sure
but the date from ls output is the date I installed SOPE:

$ ls -al /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
[output omitted for brevity]
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   866629 Sep 29 17:53 libDOM.so.4.9.24
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   840390 Sep 29 17:53 libEOControl.so.4.9.74
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  1744343 Sep 29 17:53 libGDLAccess.so.4.9.63
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   467625 Sep 30 16:59 libGDLContentStore.so.4.9.0
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   978441 Sep 30 16:59 libNGCards.so.4.9.0

Please correct me if I am wrong. And one more question, to be able to make a
port SOGo
for FreeBSD what do you recommend to start study with? Besides the porter
handbook of
FreeBSD. Should I start with GNUStep? I really want to understand the
process so I will
be able to maintain the port when GNUStep and/or SOGo/SOPE gets updated. All
of
this taking into account that my programming skills are thin :).

Now all I have to test is to see if SOGo really works :).
Have a great day,
network warrior