Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 00:58 +0100 schrieb Robert Marz:
> I'm facing the same problem.
> And it's even worse: some cards disapear partial...
> It all happens reproducable after editing contacts on the iphone:
>
> Valid card in sogo, thunderbird and iphone:
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:3.0
> N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Duck;Donald
> FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:Duck, Donald
> ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:ACME GmbH
> ADR;CHARSET=UTF-8;TYPE=WORK,POSTAL:;;Sesame Str.
> 368;Frankfurt;;60599;Deutschland
> ADR;CHARSET=UTF-8;TYPE=HOME,POSTAL:;;Sesame Str.
> 467a;Frankfurt;;60435;Deutschland
> TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:+49691234567
> TEL;TYPE=HOME,VOICE:+49 (69) 9876543
> TEL;TYPE=CELL,VOICE:+49 (174) 12345678
> EMAIL;TYPE=PREF,INTERNET:d.d...@hotmail.com
> EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:donald.d...@gmail.com
> CATEGORIES;CHARSET=UTF-8:Kontakte
> BDAY:1980-2-14
> NOTE;CHARSET=UTF-8:Some Information goes here
> UID:2B57-4CCF4F00-1209-9016BF0
> END:VCARD
>
> After editing some data on the iPhone, the card looks like this:
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:3.0
> N:Duck;Donald;;;
> FN:Duck Donald
> ORG:ACME GmbH;
> item1.EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=pref:d.d...@hotmail.com
> item2.EMAIL;type=INTERNET:donald.d...@gmail.com

I don't think thats a SOGo problem, such a format "item1.XXX" is invalid
vCard format.  However, there are extensions alowed (see RFC2426:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2426.txt), but only with a fieldname starting
with "X-...", like the common X-MOZILLA-HTML for specifying the
preferred email type (Supported by the SOGo online interface).  You can
see it like the extension hides the field's meaning, and thus remains
unknown and can't be mapped to the correct field (EMAIL) in Thunderbird
or SOGo, which do expect valid vCards or ignore anything unknown...

But let me point out that I'm not familiar with the iPhone, so I don't
know if it is just a configuration problem on the phone side or if
there's a setting where you can change that strange Behaviour to
something normal (like "Produce standard conformant vCards")...

> TEL;type=WORK;type=pref:+49 69 12345678
> TEL;type=HOME:+49 (69) 9876543
> TEL;type=CELL:+49 (174) 12345678
> item3.ADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;Sesame Str.
> 368a;Frankfurt;;60598;Deutschland
> item4.ADR;type=HOME:;;Sesame Str. 467a;Frankfurt;;60435;Deutschland
> NOTE:Some Information goes here
> BDAY;value=date:1980-02-14
> UID:2B57-4CCF4F00-1209-9016BF0
> CATEGORIES:Kontakte
> END:VCARD
>
> The fields that are prefixed with item1 .. item4 don't show up in
> Thunderbird any more.
> Some cards disapear completly - but I failed in producing an
> example...
> Where is the point to fix? Thunderbird Plugin, or SOGo?

I think probably in the iPhones implementation of the vCard standard.
Sorry!  Sure there are options to work around it in SOGo or the TB
plugin, but that would be a non-standard compliant workaround on the
wrong (standard conformant) side and undermine the meaning of standards.

> Robert

Kind regards, I do hope you find a solution,

Jakob

p.s. See Evolution for example - they use a similar additional tag for
sorting emails/telephone numbers into the right slot, but they add an
additional attribute, so the vcard remains standard conformant and is
simply ignored in software not supporting it e.g.
"TEL;X-EVOLUTION-UI-SLOT=2;TYPE=PAGER:+43 1 xxxxx-xxxx"