OK, glad you got SOGo to compile on FreeBSD. What version do you use btw? I'm using 8.1-RELEASE myself.  For reference, I don't think I actually needed to add to LD_LIBRARY_PATH for it to install for me, if you source the GNUstep.sh file, it should be enough to compile SOPE/SOGo:

#source /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

After a make install, you need to copy from the source files the "SOGo-1.3.4/Apache/SOGo.conf" to "/usr/local/etc/apache22/Includes/" or wherever you put apache module conf files. Mine looks like this:

#cat /usr/local/etc/apache22/Includes/SOGo.conf
Alias /SOGo.woa/WebServerResources/ /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/SOGo/WebServerResources/
Alias /SOGo/WebServerResources/ /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/SOGo/WebServerResources/
AliasMatch /SOGo/so/ControlPanel/Products/(.*)/Resources/(.*) /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/SOGo/$1.SOGo/Resources/$2

<Directory /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/SOGo/>
  AllowOverride None
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all
</Directory>

<LocationMatch "^/SOGo/so/ControlPanel/Products/.*UI/Resources/.*\.(jpg|png|gif|css|js)">
  SetHandler default-handler
</LocationMatch>

## Uncomment the following to enable proxy-side authentication, you will then
## need to set the "SOGoTrustProxyAuthentication" SOGo user default to YES and
## adjust the "x-webobjects-remote-user" proxy header in the "Proxy" section
## below.
#<Location /SOGo>
#  AuthType XXX
#  Require valid-user
#  SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
#  Allow from all
#</Location>

ProxyRequests Off
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
ProxyPreserveHost On

# When using CAS, you should uncomment this and install cas-proxy-validate.py
# in /usr/lib/cgi-bin to reduce server overloading
#
# ProxyPass /SOGo/casProxy http://localhost/cgi-bin/cas-proxy-validate.py
# <Proxy http://localhost/app/cas-proxy-validate.py>
#   Order deny,allow
#   Allow from your-cas-host-addr
# </Proxy>

ProxyPass /SOGo http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo retry=0

<Proxy http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo>
## adjust the following to your configuration
  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-port" "443"
  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-name" "host.domain.com"
  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-url" "https://host.domain.com"

## When using proxy-side autentication, you need to uncomment and
## adjust the following line:
#  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-remote-user" "%{REMOTE_USER}e"

  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-protocol" "HTTP/1.0"
  RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-remote-host" %{REMOTE_HOST}e env=REMOTE_HOST

  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Proxy>

## We use mod_rewrite to pass remote address to the SOGo proxy.
# The remote address will appear in SOGo's log files and in the X-Forward
# header of emails.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/SOGo/(.*)$ /SOGo/$1 [env=REMOTE_HOST:%{REMOTE_ADDR},PT]

Listen *:8800
<VirtualHost *:8800>
  ProxyRequests Off
  ProxyPass /principals http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/dav/
  ProxyPass /SOGo http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/dav

  <Location />
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

And then you need to add a  service scripts in "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/"

#cat /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sogod
#!/bin/sh
 #
 #
 # PROVIDE: sogod
 # REQUIRE: memcached
 #
 # Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf to enable sogod:
 #
 # sogod_enable (bool): Set it to "YES" to enable sogod.
 # Default is "NO"
 #
 #

 . /etc/rc.subr

 name="sogod"
 rcvar=`set_rcvar`

 load_rc_config ${name}

 : ${sogod_enable="NO"}
 : ${sogod_user="sogo"}
 : ${sogod_group="sogo"}
 : ${sogod_workers="-WOWorkersCount 1"}
 : ${sogod_command="/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Tools/Admin/sogod"}
 : ${sogod_logfile="/var/log/sogo/sogo.log"}

 pidfile="/var/run/sogo/sogo.pid"
 command="/usr/sbin/daemon"
 command_args="-p ${pidfile} -u ${sogod_user} ${sogod_command} ${sogod_workers} -WOPidFile ${pidfile} -WOLogFile ${sogod_logfile}"

 start_precmd="sogod_prestart"
 start_cmd="sogod_start"
 stop_cmd="sogod_stop"
 status_cmd="sogod_status"

 sogod_prestart() {
   if [ ! -d `dirname ${pidfile}` ]; then
     mkdir `dirname ${pidfile}` && chown ${sogod_user}:${sogod_group} `dirname ${pidfile}`
   fi
   if [ ! -d `dirname ${sogod_logfile}` ]; then
     mkdir `dirname ${sogod_logfile}`
     touch ${sogod_logfile} && chown ${sogod_user}:${sogod_group} ${sogod_logfile}
   fi
   if [ -z ${GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT} ]; then
     . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
   fi
 }

 sogod_start () {
     ${command} ${command_args}
 }

 sogod_stop () {
     kill `cat ${pidfile}`
 }

 sogod_status () {
     if [ -f ${pidfile} ]; then
       echo "${name} is running as pid `cat ${pidfile}`"
     else
       echo "${name} is not running"
     fi
 }

 run_rc_command "$1"

And then you need to enable the service:
#echo 'sogod_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf

And then start the service:
#service sogod start

And then restart apache:
#apachectl restart

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Euan Thoms
IT Manager / Software Developer

Tel:

+65 6500 4600

Fax:

+65 6500 4660

DID:

+65 6500 4659

Mobile:

+65 91278333

Fastrack Projects Pte Ltd

1 Fifth Avenue,
#04-04/05, Guthrie House,
Singapore 268802

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and do not copy, distribute or take any action based on this e-mail.