Hi Jon

On Jan 24, 2011, at 3:12 PM, j...@destar.net wrote:

> What does "Compact This Folder" do exactly? It doesn't expunge the messages
> in the Trash folder, the way the "Empty Trash" option does. Does "Empty
> Trash" not reclaim the free space?

"Compact This Folder" performs an expunge (it deletes the messages marked as
deleted). "Empty Trash" marks all messages in the Trash as deleted and then
performs an expunge on the Trash. So basically, after you have deleted a
message from your inbox, you have two copies of the same message; one marked as
deleted in your inbox, one without the "deleted" flag in your trash. To reclaim
free space, you must expunge your inbox and empty your trash.

> Another thing I noticed as I worked through this problem. When you send a
> message to the Trash folder then right-click on Trash and choose the option
> "Empty Trash", this expunges the message. If you then click on another module
> or mailbox then click on Trash again, you get the message of:
>
> "The message you selected doesn't exist anymore."

I'm pretty confident that this bug was fixed. Can you reproduce it on the demo
instance (http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca/)?

Thanks!

Francis

--