Hi!

So oddly enough I built a commercial email manager years and years ago and built it with an abstracted relatively easily updated integration layer. At present it can manage two proprietary email systems and qmail-ldap.  We have been using qmail-ldap for a long long long time.  It's just keeps on chugging but .. it's time to change. So I am going to install sogo(been on this list for a few weeks now and as far as I can tell it looks great .. a little buggy but no more than any other really complex email and scheduling system).

Just want to get an idea if these features are interesting to you .......

1. end users can setup their own account and purchase email for one or more domains
2. end users can add accounts, email lists etc to each of their domains
3. supports limited access roles for end users - as in workgroups(with in domains) for different departments, and assigning only specific domains to an end user
4. customizable billing per client
5. fully automated billing based on monthly flat fees plus extra features(like  your phone bill)

Presently we have an email archiving feature .. I have not looked but does sogo have email archiving? If not our system just needs a way to get a copy of each email and the true sender(smtp auth) and true recipient (gets the bcc data).

I just want to get an idea if this is remotely useful or if somoone else has already built this? My guess is not .. it's just a super niche thing that we only built it because someone else was willing to sponsor it.

OH this is all PHP, which is coded so it lives on a load balanced cluster where each node is a clone and all the real data is kept in mysl db.

Thanks!

Jimmy