Thanks for the info. A few follow-up questions:
1) Do resources have email accounts? Whenever I invite a resource or change the
event a resource in invited to, the resource it sent an email. Is this proper
behavior? What should happen to this email? What if it bounces? I'd like to not
have an email for the resource so only invites from SOGo work.
Yes, resources have email addresses as well. Email addresses are used to
identify any object (user or resource), because email addresses are unique.

Right, SOGo needs an mail= entry, but does postfix? How should I handle emails sent to a resource? If someone on the internet sends an ICS invite to a resource email address, is there a method for SOGo to process that? I'd like these resource emails to be fake in that emails to them bounce because otherwise someone might send an email to that address and expect someone to read it and I doubt the projector is going to check its email. Am I missing something?

2) Do resources have a calendar? I cannot access it as another user -- is there
a way to make that calendar available? I can see if the resource is busy via
freebusy in an invite, but it would be nice to access the calendar directly to
at least see when a room is in use, etc.
This question has been raised before. I cannot answer this for sure, but
my resources have a calendar and I did not do anything special for
this... ;-)

Hmm... So I checked again and now I can subscribe to the calendar... not sure what I was doing wrong. But the calendar is empty. If I look at the db, I see no entries in the calendar. But if I look at an event that I created and invited the resource to, that resource shows up with a green check-mark which I take to mean that they accepted the event. Freebusy also shows the resource as free.... do I have something misconfigured (see previous post for details of my setup)?

3) Whenever I invite a resource to an event, I get no notification that it
accepted/declined. Is there supposed to be email (or other) notification? Or do
I just have to check the list of attendees in the calendar?
It depends on what kind of notification settings you have: If you globally
enabled email notifications, then emails will be send.

I have SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications=Yes and get email notifications for other events, but when I invite a resource, I do not get any emails. Probably this is a symptom of the problem stated previously.

4) Resources always seem to accept the invite (if I click on the event, I see a
green icon next to the resource name), even if there is a conflict and no
events show up in the free/busy. Maybe the number of bookings isn't set right?
I have the very same issue: Although "MultipleBookings" is set to 1, people
in Lightning are able to book a resource even if the resource isn't
available. They get a warning, but in case they ignore it, the resource
auto-accepts the event. I think the right behavior for sogo would be to
reject the invitation to the second event.
The web interface handles this differently: one cannot save the event when
a resource is already busy (but without any message informing the user).

I'll look forward to the next release hopefully addressing this.

Thanks for the help -- and I'm real excited to get the resources stuff working.

Ben