Although everyone uses Thunderbird, there is no suitable carddav support
since years. The Thunderbird address book is proprietary and it seems to
be a problem to handle that open source stuff.

SOGo is one of few open source group ware solutions, but all of them
have problems. Every approach states out to be fully compatible with
almost all operating systems and all important mail/address
book/calendar client. But this isn't true. None of them is working as it
is stated out.

You can see that when looking on SOGo and Thunderbird.

Best regards

Norbert