On Nov 2, 2011, at 7:09 AM, Imo Graf wrote:

> sorry Jeff but can you say me all folders ;) ?
>

> Am 02.11.2011 13:02, schrieb Jeff Folk:
>> On Nov 2, 2011, at 7:00 AM, Imo Graf wrote:
>>> ok I change the permissions but now I have the next error ;)
>>>
>>> service sogod start
>>> Starting SOGo:
>>>  sogo (stale pid file removed)                            [  OK  ]
>>> [root@mail-parceval Defaults]#
>>>

>>> and sogo don't work
>> Probably have to do the same thing to /var/log/sogo (and contents).
>>
>> Jeff

When I was having that problem after removing the stale sope packages (and sogo
by dependency), when I reinstalled I found (with Ludovic's help) that the sogo
user was removed and recreated with a new userid (from 5007 to 5013). My sogo
log directory (/var/log/sogo) was created with a owner of sogo, but all the log
files were created with a owner of 5007 (old sogo user), so new sogo couldn't
open the logfile. I was seeing the same you are... sogod terminating
immediately after starting and leaving a stale pid. I would also see the
following line in /var/log/messages:

sogod[some number] unable to get status of descriptor 2 - Bad file descriptor

Do you see that, as well? Anyway, the fix for me was to chown all the log files
in /var/log/sogo to sogo user (not by number). I suppose you could also delete
all the log files there if you don't need to see them.

Regards;
Jeff