For the past few months since deploying thunderbird with the connector/lightning/integrator plugins to over half of our users we have been having some issues. Mainly, if the load on the server ever reaches 1.00 and you try to compose a new email in thunderbird once you get the first or second letter in the address bar and it just hangs. To exit you have to close the window.

When the load reaches that high it is always a single sogod process eating up 98%-100% of one of the cpu cores. The machine is a Xen paravirtualized machine with 4 cpu cores and 4GB ram allocated to it. I have to stop and restart httpd/sogod/memcached to get the process to behave.

The high load affects all users no matter if they access via the web interface or Thunderbird. The only ones not affected are the users that use Thunderbird without the plugins. I have set the WOWorkersCount to 8 for testing but that does not seem to have done anything either way.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be going on and/or what to do? Since we are rolling this out to all users in one form or another (web interface or thunderbird) now this is imperative I find out what's going on soon. The logs don't seem to be any help at this point but I am still digging through them. Thanks in advace for any help on this.
--
Donny B
MDAH