On 4/10/2012 10:47 AM, soap.s...@stubbornroses.com wrote:
On 4/10/2012 9:21 AM, soap.s...@stubbornroses.com wrote:
On 3/28/2012 12:10 PM, soap.s...@stubbornroses.com wrote:
Howdy List:

I'm sure I've missed some important step in the documentation, but I haven't been able to find it.

I have sogo [nightly] installed on Ubuntu 10.04

I have the 10.01 connector/integrator running with lightning 1.2.3 on Thunderbird ESR 10.0.3 [linux]. Calendar is working, but I keep getting empty address-books (LDAP Addressbook is fine).

When run from a terminal, Thunderbird complains

CARDDavDirectory.js NO INTERFACE {some random seeming numbers}

I've attached all of the configurations for things I've modified. I'm sure I've overlooked something in spite of multiple RTFMs (or added things I shouldn't have from various places around the net).

Regards,

James
Can anyone offer any further advice? I've tried turning off the firewall (no help), and disabling WOUseRelativeURLs. If it makes a difference I used iredmail to configure the base email server (with LDAP). I've verified with Wireshark that the CardDAV requests are sending the entire email address as the username.

Regards,

James

Ok, I got things to sync. I would appreciate some guidance on how to make this change automatic with the integrator.

The integrator set up the connector address book url as:
http://myserver/SOGo/dav/ja...@myserver.com/Contacts/sogo_SOME-STRING/

I changed this to:
http://myserver/SOGo/dav/james/Contacts/sogo_SOME-STRING/

It now will sync fine [over https as well].

Is there a way to make the integrator configure this automatically? This would be especially helpful since every restart of thunderbird reconfigures the addressbooks with the broken way.

ASIDE: if the other is not possible, would some weird apache rewrite rule be the best way? I'm assuming that since iredmail configures itself for multi-domain [I'm running a single domain for now] and sogo is only configured to run on that domain, that this may be my issue. If this is the root cause, it would make more sense to get SOGo configured properly for this, instead of using apache as a workaround.

Any advice and suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

James
Sorry for all of the replies...
It looks like setting UIDFieldName=mail [instead of uid], and SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID=YES does the trick. Of course (per documentation) I lost my address books, but this was a test configuration anyhow.

Thank you for the great software!

Regards,

James