Hi xbgmsharp,

Thanks for your reply,

I think someone pointed me to sogosync so sync with outlook. That's why I tried this. But you are right active sync is ment for mobile devices and has nothing to do with outlook.
I also tried SOGo 2 a while ago but this is only for deployment in an office enviroment or else use vpn.  I was hoping for a hosted exchange alternative. My users can be anywhere. They just register a domain and can start adding mailboxes. VPN is not an option here, much to complicated. SOGo2 works with MAPI but I now figured out I need outlook anywhere to have random outlook clients connect from anywhere they want.

Someone sugested Funambol for outlook. I am going to try that, but I had very bad experiences using funambol on android (contacts and events kept doubling) but maybe the windows client works better.

Regards

Hans

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 14:14 CEST, xbgmsh...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Le 13/06/2012 13:19, Hans de Groot a écrit :
> HI list,
>
> I am trying out sogosync and am surprised I actually saw email comming
> in. I thought email was not supported?

It does support IMAP but it is not part of sogosync, it is by default in
z-push.

> It's not very stable though since the mail also disappears again and
> reapeared again later. Same with my test contact I made in sogo. It
> apeared on my (android) phone and than I had the same contact 3 times
> and later it went back to one contact. Also sogod is suddenly using
> lots of cpu and the z-push log is contantly logging stuff, errors,
> warnings and info.

Depending on the number of events and contacts it might take time for
the first sync.
Activesync can only sync 25 elements at a time.
Mail and calendar are filter by time range, however there is not such
feature for contact in carddav server.
If you have any error in z-push-error.log please send them, because you
should not.

> I in stalled the sogosync from git hub (todays version).
>
> I tried adding an exchange account but I did not have succes there.
> Does anyone know if this is possible?

What do you mean by "exchange account"?
Because it the way you need to setup for ios and Android at least. and
it does work.

> I did configure the proxy to use ssl but I only specified a domain
> name. not any path. ie: sogo.dandy.nl and not
> sogo.dandy.nl/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
>
> But I got these lines in my apache log:
> RPC_IN_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll?sogo.dandy.nl:6004 HTTP/1.1" 400 312
> Ofcourse I do not have any ddl on my apache server. Should I configure
> outlook (2010) differently?

Where outlook is coming from?
Activesync is a 2 way sync for mobile device not to Outlook.
As it is pure HTTP you can surely configure a proxy in the middle.
RPC is not poart of ActiveSync protocol.

> Is it possible to configure outlook (2010) so it only syncs contacts
> and calendars with SOGo 1.3.*? and use imap for mail?

No it is not the purpose of ActiveSync.
To do so you SOGo2 which implement the communiction protocol for Outlook.

The error you show below are due to a wrong URL, therefor it can not
create the correct XMl element.

include/carddav.php:412 SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 2:
parser warning : xmlns:D: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI (2)

Regards