Hello Stewart

On 2012-07-04 06:20, Stewart wrote:

> I’ve set up the latest SOGo for a small (4 person) office that runs on Mac -
> mix of 10.6 and 10.7. (It was easier than trying to coax their OSX Server’s
> built in calendaring to work. ;)
>
> Anyway it’s all working pretty well, but I have one question re the display
> of delegates in iCal.. that is, when you first set up delegation/sharing for
> a calendar (using the SOGo web gui because iCal doesn’t seem to like trying)
> we end up with something like this in iCal’s calendar list
>
> DELEGATES
> /SOGo/dav/johndoe
>    Calendar 1 (John Doe <john...@example.com>)
>    Calendar 2 (John Doe <john...@example.com>)
>    Calendar 3 (John Doe <john...@example.com>)
> /SOGo/dav/janedoe
>    Calendar 1 (Jane Doe <jane...@example.com>)
>    Calendar 2 (Jane Doe <jane...@example.com>)
>    Calendar 3 (Jane Doe <jane...@example.com>)
>
> What I’d love to have is something more like
>
> DELEGATES
> John Doe
>       Calendar 1
>       Calendar 2
>       Calendar 3
> Jane Doe
>       Calendar 1
>       Calendar 2
>       Calendar 3
>

> Now, I can edit the header line in iCal by double clicking and changing
> /SOGo/dav/johndoe to something more meaningful, but I can’t apparently edit
> the individual calendar names to remove the redundant addition of the
> username/email address.
>
> Is there any way in the configuration settings to change the format that SOGo
> serves for these data items? (or is it iCal and I’ve got buckleys?)
>
> I’ve had a bit of a look around in the templates directory but that’s not
> been very informative and my google-fu is failing me today, although I
> would’ve thought this’d be an FAQ of some sort, but anyway. Any help would be
> most appreciated.

No, there is no such setting.
And there is a reason for this extended naming.
Think of 2 people sharing a calendar with you, which has the same name.
You would be unable to distinguish them.

I know with only 4 users this usecase is not that probable, but with a
normal number of users this happens often.

If you really want to change the names for every user, you could use
sogo-tool backup, change it in there and restore it afterwards.

Or they change it for themselves in the SOGo webinterface.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz