Hi Christian,

Any thoughts on my queries ?

Thanks & Regards,
Devinder Singh Birdi

On 10/2/2012 3:30 PM, Devinder Singh wrote:
Hi,

I have similar query for myself too.

Before Outlook Native Compatibility Setup, Authentication was done by Mysql.

For the Outlook Setup, I added the below command in the bottom. After this authentication do not work. I have configured same username and password in Samba as in Mysql.

Queries :
1. Is Authentication via SAMBA necessary for Outlook Compatibility ?
2. Is LDAP also necessary for Outlook along with Samba as per the statement in help document. "Samba 4's directory can be queried over LDAP just like Microsoft Active Directory".

defaults write sogod SOGoUserSources '(

{

CNFieldName = displayName;

IDFieldName = cn;

UIDFieldName = sAMAccountName;

baseDN = "cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com";

bindDN = "cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com";

bindFields = (

sAMAccountName

);

bindPassword = "%1OpenChange";