Hello...
I have installed SOGo, Dovecot (using mysql database for authentication with virtual domain support) and all the rest of the components that are needed to have a fully functional mail server on Ubuntu 12.04.
I have also installed Openchange and Samba4 but am not using LDAP anywhere.
When i try to setup exchange however, it constantly fails to connect to the exchange server although the ports are all open. From my troubleshooting it appears that what is failing is actually the authentication by the samba service.

Qn: Is it necessary for me to install LDAP to have a working version of Openchange? Also, if am having multiple domains for which this server handles email, how will i create a link between the samba users and the ones in the MYSQL database (Dovecot)?

Regards
David