I *finally* performed the update from SOGo v2.0.4b to v2.0.5

And, I ran the update commands on pg. 50 of the Installation Guide:

install -d -m 750 -o root -g sogo /etc/sogo
sudo -u sogo sogo-tool dump-defaults > /etc/sogo/sogo.conf
chown root:sogo /etc/sogo/sogo.conf
chmod 640 /etc/sogo/sogo.conf
sudo -u sogo mv ~sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults \
    ~sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/GNUstepDefaults.old

I am working from an older ZEG that's been fully updated to 12.04LTS (with all changes)

'sudo' should allow me to run commands as 'root' (although there's no actual 'root' account)

'adam' is the account by which I run all 'sudo' commands.

However, the 2nd command choked!

adam@sogo: sudo -u sogo sogo-tool dump-defaults > /etc/sogo/sogo.conf
-bash: /etc/sogo/sogo.conf: Permission denied

So, I ran the 3rd & 4th commands:

sudo chown root:sogo /etc/sogo/sogo.conf
adam@sogo:~$ sudo chmod 640 /etc/sogo/sogo.conf

And, reran the 2nd command with the same error!

At that point, I did not run the last command (thinking it would disable the older configuration which was not 'dumped' into the newer 'sogo.conf') I believe I was correct in doing so, as 'sogo' works fine.

Including the calendar.

I was able to update 'sogo-connector-17.0.5.xpi' but not 'sogo-integrator-17.0.5.xpi'

The latter failed to install either via 'updates.php' or manually by file. I edited 'sogo-integrator-17.0.5.xpi' as suggested in the Installation Guide, but it appears not to install in Thunderbird.

Oh!  I updated Thunderbird to 17.0.6ESR  COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM?

I will move back to 17.0.2ESR before I end the night.